Dare to take a Deposit: Why this valuable tool should be used more often to get paid faster
Help your clients to set the right payment structure with deposits
We know that a significant number of trades and services-based businesses take on work, perform it and ask for payment right at the end. You’ll also be familiar with the long wait that often occurs before payment is received. The team at Tradie Terms, a contract skills training service for trades, talks in this second webinar of their series about why they recommend you encourage your trades and services-based businesses to take a deposit to secure a booking for a job or project as the new ‘norm’.
Presented by Sian Wingate, the founder of Tradie Terms, former lawyer and legal educator with 20+ years of experience designing and training on quotes, pricing structures and terms of trade for infrastructure, construction and engineering companies, this session will walk you through why deposits create a positive first impression, are a powerful cash flow tool and why they need to be backed up with solid terms of trade. Sian will offer ways for you to help your clients to utilise these simple but effective changes to help them to get paid faster.
This session will include question and answer time. If you have a specific question you would like answered, please submit this ahead of time to email@example.com
- Webinars are free for members to attend - you must be logged into the website to book at no charge. The fee for non-members to attend is $39.99 including GST.
- Our webinars are hosted through Zoom and have a limit of 100 attendees.
- Once booked, you will receive an email with information on how to register for the webinar. Failure to complete this will mean you will be unable to join the webinar. A reminder email will be sent to registered attendees 1 hour prior to the start of the webinar.
- All registered participants, whether they are able to attend or not, will recieve a copy of the recorded webinar and any supporting documents provided by the presenter within 7 days of the event.
- ICNZB webinars count for 5 points towards your CPD requirements. These will automatically be recorded on your CPD Log, but only if you register and your attendance online is confirmed by our administrators.
The views, information, or opinions expressed during this webinar are solely those of the individual or business ("the presenter") presenting this webinar and do not represent those of the Institute of Certified NZ Bookkeepers, its representatives, employees of members. ICNZB is not responsible and does not verify the accuracy of any information shared by the presenter or contained within this webinar presentation. The primary purpose of this webinar is to educate and inform on a topic relevant to the bookkeeping profession. Nothing in this presentation constitues professional advice or service either by the presenter or by ICNZB.