Pursuant to to Section 11 of the Rules, notice is herby given that the 10th Annual General Meeting of New Zealand Bookkeepers Association Inc (trading as Institute of Certified NZ Bookkeepers) will be held at Napier Convention Centre, 48 Marine Parade, Bluff Hill, Napier 4110, at 5pm on Friday, 24 July 2020.
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions and uncertainty around future physical gatherings, we further advise that in the event a physical meeting is not permitted, this Annual General Meeting will be held virtually on the same date - Friday, 24 July 2020. Should this change be required, an amended notice will be generated and distributed to members as soon as practicable.
Invitation to members
Members are now invited to view the following information on the official Annual General Meeting webpage:
- Draft agenda
- Guidelines for submitting a remit to be included on the final agenda
- Nominations to sit on the Executive Committee for 2020/21
- Proxy nominations
Please note this page is a restricted member page and can only be viewed by Certified, Employee Certified and Associate members.
Timeline of events
For your ease of reference, a summary of key dates can be found below:
- 4 May 2020: Nominations for Executive Committee positions open and remits open for submission
- 19 June 2020: Nominations for Executive Committee roles close
- 29 June 2020 to 10 July 2020: Nominees announced and voting pack released to members. Electronic voting is open via secure electronic ballot
- 6 July 2020: Final date for remits to be submitted for inclusion in the Agenda
- 13 July 2020: The final agenda and supporting documents are expected to be delivered
- 24 July 2020: Annual General Meeting held at 5pm at the Napier Convention Centre. Proxy nominations can be submitted right up the commencement of the meeting.
These dates are based on the required timings stipulated in our Constitution.
If you have any questions about any of the processes relating to the Annual General Meeting, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Institute of Certified NZ Bookkeepers