The NZPPA Payroll Practice Guide is a payroll resource developed by payroll experts for payroll people. It is written in plain language from a payroll perspective and is full of practical examples, checklists and important points to keep in mind when you are working with and processing payroll.
This guide is distributed to our members directly by NZPPA. If you have not received the guide you have ordered, please contact NZPPA direct on firstname.lastname@example.org and they will provide you with a tracking number
Please note orders are sent by us to NZPPA for processing weekly on a Monday.
This item is on pre-order! The 2021 version will be released on 20 March for payroll changes commencing 1 April 2021
The NZPPA payroll practice guide is a payroll reference and does not try to cover other non-payroll activities. It also does not cover all payroll situations outside the scope of legislation but does provide advice on how many of these areas can be effectively managed.
What’s covered in the NZPPA Payroll Practice Guide for 2021?
What’s new in the 2021 edition:
- New tax threshold
- New tax codes and changes in how reported to IRD
- Updated rates and new examples (Student loan, minimum wage)
- Updated Privacy Act 2020 section
- Latest information of upcoming changes (in the pipeline)Updated Privacy Act 2020 section
- Additional tables, flowchart, checklists and templates
At just over 500+ pages of material, the NZPPA Payroll Practice Guide is a valuable resource for anyone managing or running NZ payroll. There are 10 main sections of the guide:
- Managing Payroll
- Taxation Law
- Employment Law Part 1: Employment Terms
- Employment Law Part 2: Holidays and Parental Leave
- Other types of employee leave
- Payroll Records and Privacy
- Other Laws Related to Payroll
- Calculating a Final Pay
- What’s on the Horizon for Payroll
- Additional Resources.
Each section consists of a section summary along with a checklist at the end of the section of important points to follow up on. Other features of the Practice Guide:
- The guide is filled with fully worked calculations.
- references, links, checklists and sample forms.
- Definitions of terms and explanations in plain language related to payroll are provided throughout the guide.
This guide is normally priced at $137.50 + GST. Through the generosity of NZPPA, we are able to offer this guide to our members at a significantly reduced price.
As agreed with NZPPA, ICNZB retains $17.50 from all purchases to cover the cost of administering the sale of the product.