Join our community and put yourself in front of hundreds of potential customers in New Zealand
With increased demand for professional bookkeeping services there has never been a better time to be recognised as a member of NZ's only professional body run by bookkeepers, for bookkeepers. With three individual membership options, we have a package to suit you and your business, enabling you to maximise your return on investment.
Benefits of becoming an individual member
- Gain exposure and generate business
Increase the visibility of your services by having a free listing on our Find a Bookkeeper directory*
- Continuing Professional Development
Stay abreast of changes in the industry and keep yourself upskilled with access to webinars, workshops and working through the member certification levels
- Expand your network
Meet new faces within the industry, or solidify existing relationships through attending regional networking events and the ICBNZ annual #Bookkeepcon conference
- Access industry intelligence
Keep on top of market trends by attending ICNZB educational events, webinars, networking meetings and receiving our monthly newsletter
* Eligibility for Find a Bookkeeper listings is limited to ICNZB Certified Bookkeeper™ membership
Show employers and clients just how good you are. Begin your journey to professional recognition and become a Provisional Member of ICNZB
This is our entry level membership and ideal for someone looking to become a bookkeeper, or an employee who performs bookkeeping in a business and needs access to professional development opportunities. It is your foot in the door to test the waters and make sure that ICNZB is the right fit for you.
To become a Provisional Member all you need to do is create an account, go into MyICB and purchase your membership in the Application/Renewal section – it’s that simple!
Once your membership fee of $199 + GST is paid, you will save time, money, and stress with access to our great range of templates and resources via your personal MyICB log in. Resources include:
Grow your skills
Keep up to date with best industry practice with professional development opportunities such as:
- Regional network meetings held in person and online around New Zealand to facilitate networking and educational opportunities
- Webinars with industry software and service providers
- Monthly member forums where you can connect with members all around the country
- Annual conference with expert workshops and seminars.
- Access to discounted payroll courses through the New Zealand Payroll Practitioners Association.
Deals and discounts
As a Provisional Member, you will also get exclusive deals and discounts on a range of products and services – some of which you can pass on to your clients.
ICNZB Certified Bookkeeper ®
Being an ICNZB Certified Bookkeeper is good for business.Take the next step – become an ICNZB Certified Bookkeeper and have your professionalism recognized and rewarded.
Once you have had an introduction to the Association through your Provisional Membership, the next step is moving up to being an ICNZB Certified Bookkeeper.
This level is ideal for someone who has taken the plunge to set up their own bookkeeping business, someone contracting to another bookkeeper or an employee of a business performing bookkeeping skills.
Whatever your position, becoming an ICNZB Certified Bookkeeper will benefit your career.
To advance to this level you will be required to:
- Complete an application form and pay an assessment fee of $150 + GST
- Pass the assessment to confirm your skills and knowledge of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles, and ability to perform bookkeeping functions. This assessment also includes ethical questions.
- Provide two references – one personal and one professional (templates provided)
- Evidence of current Professional Indemnity insurance
In addition to the benefits of Provisional Membership, your new membership level will unlock further opportunities for you:
- A Find a Bookkeeper listing – promote yourself and your business in our public directory
- A membership badge to promote your professional status
- A client e-flyer to explain why being a member of ICNZB is beneficial to your clients
- Access to endorsements to promote your knowledge learnt through reputable education providers
- Ability to have your limited liability bookkeeping business accredited
- Additional deals and discounts to further build and develop your business
The ongoing criteria to maintain this level of membership is
- Annual renewal fee of $399 + GST
- 100 CPD points per membership year
- Complete and pass the Code of Ethics assessment once every 3 years
- Completion of annual declaration points
- Proof of Professional Indemnity insurance
A life member is an individual honoured for meritorious services to the Association over a period of 5-8 years cumulative and after recommendation by the Executive Committee and elected as a life member by a motion at a General Meeting passed by a two-thirds majority.
Life members have all the rights and privileges of other Members and shall be subject to all the duties of individual Members (but no duty to pay subscriptions and levies).